THURSDAY, 14 NOVEMBER 2013
Intellect / University of Exeter Press
University of Exeter Press publishes books and journals of outstanding quality for a worldwide audience of students, scholars and professionals, focusing mainly in the humanities. We are looking for someone with some marketing skills such as
direct marketing, copywriting and project management who is interested to develop these skills further as part of our team.
- coordinate day-to-day marketing of our brand and subject areas
- assist with the creation of promotional materials
- coordinate day-to-day marketing of our newest journals and book series
- co-ordinate exchange and paid advertising with relevant publications
- attendance at conferences and trade shows
- updating entries on the UEP website
- ensure smooth despatch of marketing and promotional materials
- research and despatch of review copies of our new books to appropriate journals
- liaise with both book and journal departments on cross promotion projects
- liaise with authors about marketing opportunities.
- quality control and proofreading promotional materials
- editorial preparation of our printed materials and adverts
- customer care and ensuring our products meet their needs.
As part of a small team, there will be some other areas of work to which you may be asked to contribute. In particular, you will be asked to assist with the acquisition of new titles for the UEP list.
This is a full-time position. Salary will be £14,000 at the start rising to £16,400 after six months. There will be a 6-month probationary period.
For the first six months of the appointment you will be based in Intellect’s Bristol office; after six months the position will move permanently to UEP’s Exeter office.
Please apply with a full CV and covering letter at the earliest convenience to
Heather Robinson: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 2 December 2013